I found this cute Easter egg pattern I want to keep for next year. Hopefully it won't get misplaced this way. http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=431
Secret Pocket Fabric Eggs
1. Cut one of Pattern Piece 1 using fabric A.
2. Reverse Pattern Piece 1 so the pocket is on the left instead of the right. Cut one
using fabric B.
3. Cut one of Pattern Piece 2 using fabric A.
4. Cut one of Pattern Piece 2 using fabric B.
5. Transfer the dots from the pattern pieces to the wrong side of the fabric pieces.
6. Pin 1A and 1B right sides together. Line up the pocket.
7. With 1A next to feed dogs, start at dot and sew 1⁄4” seam allowance around the
pocket side. Stop at the bottom dot.
8. Place 2A and 2B right sides together. (The bottom of the piece is slightly wider
than the top, so make sure you have the bottom to the bottom and the top to the
top.) With 2A next to feed dogs, start at top dot and sew 1⁄4” seam allowance along
one side. Stop at the bottom dot.
9. Open your pieces and pin 2A to 1B along the right side. With 1B next to feed dogs,
sew 1⁄4” seam allowance from top dot to bottom dot.
10. Pin 1A to 2B. Sew 1⁄4” seam allowance along right side, leaving 2” open for turning.
11. Turn fabric right side out.
12. Stuff the egg using a high-loft fi ll.
13. Using your fi nger, straighten out the pocket so it is centered in the stuffi ng.
14. Hand-sew the opening using a slip stitch.
Copyright 2008 Sew,Mama,Sew!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Posted by Nancy at 12:55 AM